However, for naturists, the only idea not to be naked is the one that is weird, not only because nudity is entirely natural but because you feel immensely better when naked.
Nudity is a complete natural state and there’s nothing to be ashamed of by being nude alone and with others. There’s nothing sexual too. Unfortunately, our modern society has equaled the fact of being nude to being ready to have sex. This is just completely wrong for a naturist. Being nude is just being nude, nothing else. A naturist is nude because he loves the freedom it provides, because she loves to feel the sun and the wind on her naked body, and because she’s comfortable with her own body.
So once you’ve created a separation between sex and nudity, you can get pass beyond the shame of being nude. Nude, for a naturist, is not rude. Being nude is accepting ourselves, our own body with its flaws and imperfection. There’s no shame being a human being. Nobody’s perfect. Even the most beautiful human being, from a body’s perspective, has flaws. Perfection is an idea created by media and photoshoped images. Not that we should not take care of our own body and health, but the pursuit of perfection is a mirage. You have to love yourself and one of the best ways is to get naked in front of others. Your body confidence will skyrocket, and with it your all self-confidence.
When you get comfortable with the idea to become a naturist and get comfortable with your own body, comes the time to share this happiness with others. This is when you can join a naturist club and get naked socially. If you still doubt, here a seven reasons why nude is the best option when it comes to social activities with friends:
- Confidence. Although dressing nicely can boost confidence, it’s artificial. Yes, you can fake it until you become it, and it helps a lot, being naked is an entirely other level of self-confidence. Those testimonials explain why, as this article coming from Australia. Baring it all in front of others will show you we’re all alike, everybody has flaws and anybody can live happily with them, instead of chasing an ideal perfectionist image that makes our mindset unhappy.
- Freedom. This is generally the first reason every naturist gives about being nude. No clothes in which you sweat, that itch, or that you need to wash. Nothing but your own body, the air and the sun. This feeling of freedom is unique and cannot really explained. You have to live it. Some people will not feel free by being naked because they will feel shame, and shame will outweigh the feeling of freedom. By going naked socially, the shame will disappear slowly, but it may require some time and efforts until it disappears completely. The reward is worth the effort though.
- Beauty. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes. It’s true for naturists too. When you are with other naturists, you tend to look at them in the eye. By being naked with your friends, you appreciate better who they really are and not the social role we all tend to play. Furthermore, and this may be personal, I find bare bodies more beautiful than clothed ones and I’d rather be with naked people than with clothed ones.
- Equality. Naked, there are no fancy and expensive clothes, just your bare body with its natural beauty and flaws.
- Friendly. I always find naked social meetings more friendly than clothed. I do not know if nakedness adds that special sauce that make people friendlier or the other way round, but it’s an observed fact. People tend to speak more easily to strangers, without the sometimes obvious gaze…
- Fun. No clothes, much more fun. Same as friendlier. May be because people do not have anything to hide, they are more relaxed, tend to laugh more easily and participate in games more quickly.
- Respect. Naturists tend to respect others more. They will respect your privacy, your wish to stay clothed if you’re shy or just respect your point of view. It’s like fun and friendly, I cannot say why it’s more respectful but it feels that way.
I know, it can be very difficult for some people to accept others nudity, be it for education or religious reasons. However, once they understand there’s nothing sexual as being naked with others, they may start changing their mind, or you will know they are those friends that you should be clothed with. If you love them and if they love you, each will do a step toward each other and may be, sometimes, will accept your nudity. In the meantime, I wish you all great naked time with your friends. Once you tried and it has been a success, you will never ever go back to clothed activities with the same freedom.